Monday, August 16, 2010

How do I break up with my clingy boyfriend?

Background information:


My boyfriend and I have been dating for about a month, and kissed but that's it. He is a junior (17) and I am a freshman (15). He is very clingy, constantly texting, calling or coming up to me. I don't really want to be in a committed relationship right now, and I don't want to lead him on. I am planning to break up with him on Thursday.





I have two questions:


1. Would breaking up with him over the phone be ok, if I offered to talk to him in person if he wanted to? I'm not afraid to do it, I just want to do it as soon as possible. (Again, we've only been dating a month)


2. What is a good way to break up with him, while sparing most of his feelings? Guys, does the 'we're better as friends' line work?





Thank you!How do I break up with my clingy boyfriend?
I was in that EXACT situation. Like, EXACTLY! I think we may be long lost twins or something! :0





Well, I broke up with my bf by text. I know, I KNOW, shame. :( In my defense, he was a cry baby and I really wasn't strong enough to handle tears.





I would not recommend by phone because then you really can't see how they're reacting. Maybe he's relieved, maybe he's crying his eyes out. You can't tell and that may affect what you say next.





I'd do it in person. I felt too guilty to, and I regret it. Be as kind as you can, but remain firm. Just tell him you don't think it's working out and that you'd like to be just friends. If he's normal on any level, he won't argue and just nod along like he was thinking the same thing. Then fake a phone call from a friend so you can pretend you have to leave right then!





Good luck XxXHow do I break up with my clingy boyfriend?
In person and tell the truth in a polite and friendly way
  • windows live
  • hair show
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment