Wednesday, August 18, 2010

How do I break up with my boyfriend without hurting his feelings?

We have only been together for a week, and his already saying I love you, and planning our anniversary. It's kind of creepy, yet I don't want to hurt hid fragile feelings. What do I say?How do I break up with my boyfriend without hurting his feelings?
Simple. Just tell him you don't think he is what you are looking for. It's better to be honest than to beat around the bush.





I think love is the most misused word in the English language. I don't throw that word around lightly. I think most people use the word ';love'; in place of affection, obsession, or desire (sexual desire also). I like to use the Bible's interpretation. It is in 1st Corinthians 13:5 through 13:13





Love is patient and kind;


love does not envy or boast;


it is not arrogant or rude.


It does not insist on its own way;


it is not irritable or resentful;


it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth.


Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.


Love never ends.





I found in some of my past relationships that when I put myself through a test and asked myself did I fall into each of the categories above and did I actually practice each one of those difinitions in the Bible ... that I failed nearly every one of them terribly.





When you look at love the way the Bible defines it you have to ask are all of these things what YOU are ';not looking for';. Also you have to ask yourself is this what YOUR BOYFRIEND sees love as. It sounds like he may not know what love is. It may be that he only ';desires'; you. It's possible to love someone you never met. Think hard about that one. You can even love your enemy.





I only went into details to help look at things in different perspective. If you are sure about what you want (and don't want) THEN BE HONEST.How do I break up with my boyfriend without hurting his feelings?
He's going to get hurt no matter what. Being honest will actually cause him less pain in the long run; it's like ripping a Band-Aid off quickly. Just tell him, gently, that you aren't ready for a serious relationship.





I wouldn't hold out any hope for the future, or even tell him that you want to be friends (unless that's what you really want.) If you tell a guy this serious that maybe you'll feel differently in the future, or you're not ready for a relationship right now, then he will just wait. And wait. And check in on you every week or so to see if your feelings have changed yet.
Tell him you don't think you're ready. It will make him feel better if he thinks there is a chance in the future but only say that if you think there might be also.





This might be a little deceptive and I don't know if I recommend it but tell him that there is a chance in the future and make him wait. He'll get over you in time.





That being said, honesty is always best.
Feelings are going to get hurt no matter what. My advice to you is just tell him the truth. If he cant handle that then its his problem not yours. Honesty is always best. Good luck. I remember how hard that use to be.
mmmmm you should probably be honest with him


or tell him u need a barke, to give u time .. tell him his a great guy that his awesome and all u think about him .. make him feel good but tell him u cant be with him anymore he should be mature enough 2 understand
No matter what you say its gonna hurt his feelings if he is already saying I love you. You just need to tell him how you feel and do it sooner then later. Best of luck to you :)
Be honest with him and tell him what you feel. He seems to be on a totally different page than you and the sooner you put that right the better.
Yikes that is creepy! I would tell him that you just don't feel the same. Don't sugar coat it...because it will only give him hope and make it harder for him. Good luck....not an easy situation =(
well just tell him that your not ready for that kind of relationship


and tell him that


';I think we should just stay friends';
you say something like you aren't ready for a relationship right now haha something like that
its gonna hurt him no matter what if he really likes you but you could just tell him not to rush things if you like him
Only a week? Just say screw it I don't think we are right for each other or somethin.
Sorry, it's not possible. He does sound like a creep though.
never talk to him and forget about him

No comments:

Post a Comment